Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Don't Forget to hit SAVE

Hello all!

As the title dictates, I was about halfway through an entry last night and I had to get up to do something else. Not thinking, I simply locked my phone and walked away. When I came back I had received an important email from a Board of Directors I'm in, so naturally I minimized my blog screen to deal with the email. Then, when I came back to it, all that was left was the title... I almost screamed, because at that point I had no clue what I was writing about😢

So, this is kind of a take 2 in that respect. But it will also probably be totally different.

This past weekend I've been weaving (see the pic for my first product), prepping to sew another dress (1812 this time), and giving my submissions to the Grain Magazine Short Grain Contest a final once over. I don't think I've ever been more terrified hitting the send button on an email, because, unlike this blog, at least one person will actually be reading my writing. My work has been published before, but on a much smaller scale (newsletters). However, now my new philosophy on life, go big or go home, is demanding more. But what's the worst they can say? We don't like your stories so we're not going to publish them. If I don't win (won't find out until August, 2016) I'll just submit them elsewhere, or publish them here on my blog. It's something I love to do so it's not even a chore.

That and I LOVE to be heard. I'm a rather loud and opinionated person once you get to know me😜 I'm also trying to come up with a literary non-fiction for another contest, but that one isn't due until November (it's the end of March now), so I've got lots of time. I'm thinking about using the time I was attacked by a feral cat in clinic, but we'll see what I actually end up doing. My stories kind of write themselves.

And like a boss, I remembered to hit save this time (I had to go back to work midrant😜).

Anyways, back to before. I'm also coming leaps and bounds in the weaving department!! I completed my first product (rope/tie/belt thingy), which is not perfect, but I love it anyways😜 I'm now starting on my second project (forgot to take a pic of it last night to post here), which is a lot wider then my first project, so I'm learning all over again. I, being a person with multiple thumbs, am finding it particularly difficult. That's how you learn though!! This one is pink, white, and gold. Super excited to start growing my stock so I can start selling.

That's all for now!! Yay creativity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment