Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Now What...

I have officially made the cutest lil Canada Day hand bag (totally for sale) and even figured out how to get a cute lil white flower on it. Couldn't try and sell it yesterday (Farmer's Market was cancelled), but it's still adorable!!
 
Anyways, that's beside the point! Today I'm going to do what I feel all bloggers do at some point. I'm going to blog about blogging!! But I'm not giving tips, or clues, or anything like that. First of all, because there are already WAAAYYY too many of those out there, and second, because I've only been blogging for like 4 months I don't reeeaaalllyyy have any tips and tricks.

No, I'm going to blog about content. I've always found it interesting how other people do it. A lot of people pre-write and schedule to have them sent out. If it works for some, AWESOME!! I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just experimenting.

I tried the whole "schedule send out," but it just felt kind of un-authentic to me. I wanted this blog to cronicle my descent into madness--I mean creative journey. So, that means writing it in the here and now. I also found that I didn't get as many hits and reads (I know I shouldn't but I follow these religiously and THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!). Call it superstition, but it just doesn't feel right if it's not me personally hitting that big scary publish button, and it reflected in the numbers.

I've also tried the "schedule set days to write a blog post." HA! I lasted, what, 2 posts on that? I think I'm too much of a flybytheseatofyourpantser (it's a word if I say so:P) to have anything that strict lined up. There's a passive aggressive part of me that just wants to rebel against any possible deadlines or goals I set for myself. I don't even like making appointments for things like doctors and stuff. UGH!!

Then there's the ONLY WRITE ABOUT ONE SUBJECT OR NO ONE WILL READ!!! I capitalize this because this is what I seem to hear the loudest. "If you don't blog about one thing and one thing only, your blog will fail and no one will read it!!" To that, my Renaissance Soul/Multipotential both laughs and has a mild panic attack!!

While yes, I agree that your blog should have some sort of general outline, what the hell is wrong with branching?! This is my creative journey sure, but in the meantime I've conquered some totally different and off track stuff, and you amazing people still read it!!

Again, if any of these is your approach to blogging and it's working for you, kudos!! Leave a link in the comments, I'd love to read them!! This is just me coming to the decision (and letting everyone else know), that I have decided to start my own style of blogging! 

It's called the "I just did or thought of something really cool to write about so I'm gonna hop to it" approach, or IJDOTOSRCTWASIGHTI if your're into acronyms:P

I have planned out a few things out to write about, but they're mostly tangents I started going off on in previous blogs that I haven't come back around to yet. As for new ideas, I just kinda get them on the fly.

Take this post for example, originally I was going to write about what I'm weaving right now and what awesome thing I'm going to turn it into, but then I thought of something better to say.

I guess what I'm saying is that yes, there are a lot of "Rules" out there for blogging, or anything really, but beautiful things can happen when you throw that rule book in the recycle bin (let's be Earth conscience here people:P) and take life by the horns!!

TTFN, Ta Ta for Now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment